30 April 2009

Assignment 1, Photograph a Subject

Our first assignment is to select a subject or topic and photograph it in 10 daily scenarios. I knew my biggest stumbling block with this assignment would be to select just one subject!

I have always had a fascination with clouds and for years wanted to create some sort of collage using photographs that I enlarge, alter, and colorize. After some consideration, using clouds for this project is not the right fit. In order to tell the story of my day, I would have to place location clues in front of the clouds, giving less significance to the main subject.

Similar to the clouds, my second idea is a concept that has been living in my head for some time and this assignment could be the perfect avenue for its realization. I plan to photograph images in my cars rearview mirror. This will satisfy the story telling aspect of the assignment, while also giving the project an artistic slant. Technically, I will take the photographs at the same angle each time to give a smooth transition from one image to the next. There also might be the option to photograph the rearview mirror once and insert new photos.

Hopefully, if we get a nice day in the next week, I can take a rearview mirror photo with clouds!

No comments:

Post a Comment